Mine is supposedly pre-Mattel and it looks much like yours. The eyes are less round than the newer ones, and the lashes are brownish/red.

I can't see your daughter's doll, but I think some of the dolls changed a little bit even before the Mattel takeover. Your daughter's could be post-Mattel takeover and yet was still in inventory for you to buy for daughter. I'm a bit shaky on when the lashes changed to black. I know it was after Mattel, but how LONG after is unknown to me. I know the newest dolls have all black lashes.

Still, there are slight differences between the early 1991 Felicity dolls and those of later 90s yet still pre-Mattel. I don't know why. I have only observed this.

My doll is early nineties, and yet the Meet dress tag says "Made in West Germany in 1986". Go figure. It is the real dress, though. That has been verified.
Sandy

Originally posted by LindaL:
Hi -

Her eyes seem more subdued to me than my daughter's Lissie--also the shape of the eye socket is different. She also has "thicker" eyebrows. Her dress is tagged the "Made in West Germany", but anyone can change a dress. Her eyelashes are also significantly longer than my daughter's Lissie.

Linda
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">